Lose Your Weight Loss Motivation Quickly?

weight loss clinic, liquid diet, acupuncture for weight loss,

Here are some Motivation tips I used to lose over 140 pounds and keep it off:

Start by remembering why you started your exercise and weight loss plan.

For me, it was to decrease my health risks of obesity including GERD and Gastritis and chronic knee pain. Losing weight can be the difference between living a healthy life and being dependent on others or medication because of obesity, like diabetes and heart disease. For me, feeling like I would suffocate in my sleep because of my severe shortness of breath helped me with my daily weight loss motivation.

Move More.

Another weight loss motivation tip I used was to move more. Exercise is a great stress reliever. You don't have to go to the gym, though. You can do stuff around the house. The current activity guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) tell us that "10 minutes at a time is fine." The 2008 Physical Activity Guidelines from the CDC advise adults to do 2.5 hours of moderate intensive aerobic activity or 75 minutes of vigorous-intense activity weekly to improve health. And, if you don't have this amount of time all at once, the CDC recommends doing the aerobic activity for at least 10 minutes several times a day to reach your 2.5 hours or 75 minutes. Moving more at home while doing housework, playing with your children or cutting grass, all adds up!

Celebrate Successes!

At 280 pounds I found a lot of things wrong with me and very little right! I hardly celebrated any personal successes. As I began my healthy eating plan and exercise routine, I celebrated every success daily. If I returned to my healthy eating plan after a relapse, if I followed my exercise and weight loss plan while traveling and if I exercised a little longer, I celebrated these successes by congratulating myself and journaling how well I did. When I accomplished a bigger goal, like a 10 or 15 pound weight loss, I treated myself to a new outfit. I had to; my old clothes were too big!

It took me 13 months to reach my initial weight loss goal of 120 pounds but I kept my daily weight loss motivation by using these tips. If I can do it, you can too!

Old School New Body

Eat Stop Eat

PaleoBurn

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Copyright © 2013. Acupuncture For Weight Loss
Support by CB Engine